Saturday, June 28, 2014

morning after meet

-----Original Message-----
From: meg holliday
To: Lindsey Urbank
Sent: Sat, Jun 7, 2014 9:14 am
Subject: Training...

Hey Lindsey,

Next week, when I'm back home, I'll get my videos up and the details of how everything went (from pre-weigh in through the meet). But I wanted to let you know what I was thinking as far as my training. Through the rest of June will be low-pro for me. I have my birthday coming up and traditionally, spend a few
weeks having fun training with colin to kick off the summer (we both come off our big competitions at the same time). i also want to start aggressively working on my left hip, and I'm going to do a pass of an elimination dietbecause I think something has been irritating my gut (my gut feeling [pun intended!] is that it's ground beef... maybe beef in general). I'd like to pick up with you for training for a cycle that runs July-September.

We're getting married sept 13 (and have done zero planning), so this cycle I'd like to be more... maintenance? I can't think of a word, but basically, I'm gonna be busy and distracted as shit.

Then, October into 2015, back on the grind to get into all that
untapped excellence!!!!! ;)

Thanks again for everything! People couldn't stop commenting on how far I'd come since they saw me last year. 45# on my total, really, just since working with you. I was on oly cycles and 'whatever' since last year's nasa nat'ls and my power #s were no better when I started with you in feb.

Will get those videos and meet deets to you soon!

Meg

To: teeny-wahine
Subject: Re: Training...
From: urbankstrengthteam
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 10:02:20 -0400

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

Definitely take a few weeks to have some fun (but challenging)
training. Some things to focus on are

Lower body: glute, hamstring and low back strength. Sumo deadlift

Upper body: Confidence and consistency in your press, upper back strength, and lat strength. Strict pressing and floor pressing

In general: don't be afraid to hit a new PR before you hit an old PR.  You have a habit of picking the safe number first, instead of being confident and taking a big jump to a new PR when you are fresh. You will more consistently hit a 5# or 10# PR if you don't wear yourself out first.

Wrap your wrist wraps lower on your arm; the top of the wrap should be across the bottom 1/8" of your palm, and it should be difficult to move your wrist around. If you want to make a joint stable you have to wrap above and below it, if you look at where the wrist bones connect to the phalanges it's in the lower bit of your palm.

If at any time during your weeks off you want to send me a video or shoot me a question, please do. The more stuff you do right, the more we can focus on progress and PR's in July.

With the GI problems you've described so far, I wouldn't be surprised if beef or diary upset your digestive system. There are a lot of people who can't tolerate them. For your diet on your weeks off, I suggest doing some metabolic rehab.  Start adding in calories slowly.

Congrats on setting a date! How taxing was this past training cycle? You'd probably get some better results doing a 3- day program, but if 2-day wasn't too stressful it might be ideal for maintenance. We can keep your work outs short and simple with a fun event thrown in every now and then.

You did a great job with your training. You pushed it hard, and have done a great job improving your form on overhead press, squat and deadlift. You've put a lot of strength on to your low back and hamstrings. You are going to continue making great gains as you get more confident and I'd like to see you total at least 675 in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment